Yanyan Jiang 蒋炎岩
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University
I am supervised by Prof. Jian Lu (吕建).
I had a half-year visit to Feng Qin's group at The Ohio State University in 2015.
I received my B.Sc. degree on computer science and technology from Nanjing University in 2011.
I'm interested in testing and analysis technologies that make better computer software.
A gallery of our research projects, the full publication list, with selected publications:
- “Crash consistency validation made easy” , in Proceedings of the 24th International Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE) , 133–143, 2016.
- “Online shared memory dependence reduction via bisectional coordination” , in Proceedings of the 24th International Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE) , 822–832, 2016.
- “Optimistic shared memory dependence tracing” , in Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE) , 524–534, 2015.
- “CARE: Cache guided deterministic replay for concurrent Java programs” , in Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) , 457–467, 2014.
- I am working on the Project-N in which students build a complete computer system (NPC SoC, NEMU system emulator, Nanos operating system, NCC compiler, and applications) from scratch.
- I am the inventor of Nanos, a teaching OS and taught the practicum part of Operating System course at Nanjing University from 2010 to 2014.
- Selected talks
- 计算：万物的起源和终点 (Keynote speech at 2014 JSOI Winter Camp at Mudu high school).
- 从逻辑门到电子计算机 (Guest lecture for 2014 Introduction to Computer System at NJU).
- Reviewer: Frontier of Computer Science.
- Program Committee member of Jiangsu Olympiad in Informatics (the official programming contest hoster for high school students) since 2015 after serving 9 years as volunteer problem setter, coach, and judge.
Honors and Awards
- 2016 Distinguished Student of Nanjing University (the only PhD student out of ten winners).
- 2014 MSRA Fellowship Award; 2015 and 2010 National Scholarship;
- First Place in the 2014 Huawei Cup Regional Programming Contest; second Place in the 2012 Tencent Hackathon.
- During my collegiate years, I competed in ACM-ICPC regional contests for two Gold Medals and earned 49th place in the 2009 World Finals.
Last Update: March 1, 2017